Martes, Abril 12, 2011

Cinderella's Sister Episode 16


Eun-jo hangs up with her and calls Dong-soo to have him keep his trap shut about Ki-hoon and Hong Ki Jeong. What’s with all the don’t-tell Hyo Sun what you know that Dong-soo complies easily, and asks Eun-jo to come by too.


This scence Eun Jo goes to Hong winery corp. to talk w/ Hong Ki Jeong and ask him if he has a younger brother named Ki Hoon and Ki Jeong answered it no Ki hoon is not my brother but he's my father's son.


Eun-jo “How was it, watching Hyo-sun who liked you? And me, who like an idiot couldn’t forget you!? Was it fun?!”
Ki-hoon “Do you want to die? Do you want to die? Really, do you want to die? I already let you, and ajusshi slip through my fingers. I let you go. I can see you right where I let you go, but I can’t pick you back up. Was it fun? Me, who committed a deadly sin, and all I can think about is how can I still have you…how was it for me?! Even if I died and went to hell, you…”
Eun-jo “Shut up.”
Ki-hoon “Rotten girl.”

Eun-jo“That’s how, without killing you right here, without doing anything else, it’s the only way for me to let you be.” And then she gets in the car and drives away without him. He watches her go, then decides to run after her. She tearfully looks at him in the rearview mirror, then steps on the gas. Ki-hoon falls and rolls onto the ground, literally the roadkill that Eun-jo leaves in her wake.


Kang-sook “Don’t say that Eun-jo is harsh. You are a hundred, a thousand times worse than her, you rotten bitch!” Jang-ajusshi listens to all this from outside the train station. Then he and Hyo-sun sit down at a restaurant, while Mom waits alone. Bad idea, to leave her alone where she can make a getaway. She starts to plan as much, but then gets recognized by a woman.

Meanwhile, Hyo-sun shows Jang a picture of her father, saying that he was a really good man. She tells him that even Eun-jo loved and respected him very much; if Eun-jo hadn’t loved her father so much, she would’ve kicked her out ages ago. “Because she loves my father…I’m letting her be.” Ooh, scary. I really wish we had seen this side of Hyo-sun, or the transformation into this, earlier in the series, as javabeans mentioned in the last episode. We got glimpses of it early on with her outbursts at Eun-jo, and then she became so weepy and sad and toothless. She’s far more interesting when she’s scary and off-kilter like she is now.

She tells Jang that her father loved Mom so much that he never let on that he knew about their affair, for fear she’d leave him. Hyo-sun tells him that she can tell now, after meeting him, that he won’t see her mother anymore. But she’s not here for that. What she wants is an apology, not to her, but to Dae-sung…because she can’t sleep, because she feels so sad for her father. She tells him that Mom was wrong too, but she’s being punished right now, and she sincerely regrets it. Fascinating that she still has that amount of trust in her, even after all that. She really is her father’s daughter.

She insists that Jang-ajusshi needs to apologize to her father, if he’s a human being. He says nothing and reaches for another drink. Hyo-sun asks for a bottle of Dae-sung makgulli. She holds it close, tears falling, saying that it’s her father’s. Jang finally looks up at her and says that he’s a beast, and to think of what he did as the actions of an animal, not a person. “If you will listen to the words of an animal, then I will speak. I was wrong. Tell your father in my place, that I was wrong. I mean it.” He pays, and leaves. Hyo-sun cries, the words finally lifting a weight off of her. She holds the picture of Dad and the bottle of his makgulli as she sobs.


Eun-jo FINALLY takes the call from Jung-woo, learning that Hyo-sun knows about Jang-ajusshi. She and Ki-hoon stop, and Eun-jo frets over her sister, knowing now why she was sick and hurting. She cries, sincerely, for Hyo-sun. Leaps and bounds, this episode, for the sisterly love.

Ki-hoon goes over to her, reaching out his hand above her. But he hovers and hesitates, finally retreating. It’s the same infuriating almost-gesture that Eun-jo made to Hyo-sun, and now Ki-hoon is unable to comfort her.

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento