Miyerkules, Abril 13, 2011

Cinderella's Sister Episode 18


Ki-hoon calls out, “Eun-jo ya,” and she turns, but doesn’t approach him. He realizes that she’s not going to come over (has she ever?) so he says he’ll go to her. SO happy to see the return of Smiling Ki-hoon.

He comes over and waves a little piece of paper in Eun-jo’s face, and puts it in her hand. He says that he’s never been able to finish one sentence he’s ever started with her, because of her untimely habit of running off. “If you move one foot before I’m done talking, you’re dead, you little punk.”

She opens the note, and it’s got the numbers one through four written on it. He tells her cryptically that things are about to happen, and that she needs to 1) no matter what happens, don’t be shocked; 2) trust that Dae-sung Co. will survive; 3) you will shut your mouth; and number four—he’ll tell her number four if she’ll still see his face after it’s all over. If four isn’t something like “give me your lips,” I’ll be upset you made me wait too long to hear it.


The Letter “…Don’t run away. Don’t go anywhere. Wait for me at home. I’m going to endure thinking that you’ll be waiting for me, and I hope that you’ll endure thinking of my return. I like you, Eun-jo ya. I like you most in this whole world. I love you. If I were parting with you for a short time, I wanted to write you a letter like this. Don’t go anywhere and wait for me. I love you, Eun-jo ya. I wanted to write you a letter like this, pounding my heart, asking you to wait…”
“…BUT…the me who has to cross a river and can’t return, has to pathetically ask you not to wait, but to stop me. Will you stop me?”

Letter “I’ll take you to the moon and the stars.”
Eun-jo“When?”
Letter “Will you stop me?”
Eun-jo “How?”
Letter “If you hold me, I think I could stop here.”
Eun-jo“This person…was holding onto me tightly like a piece of straw.”
Letter “Even when blood gushes from your knee, you’re unable to cry, just like stupid Hong-Ki-hoon.”
Eun-jo “This person bled too.”
Letter “Will you stop me?”
Eun-jo “If I had known that this person had nothing but a stubborn 18-year old girl in all the world to stop him, then I had no reason to call my own name like a bird, and cry.”


Eun-jo “This is the right thing to do. Even if you swallow Dae-sung Co. and break it off, even if you wipe the name Dae-sung from Korea forever, it’s the right thing to do. Our father who passed away would think so too. And the biggest reason…that person…Hong Ki-hoon…I don’t want to make him ashamed anymore. That person was ashamed this whole time—that’s why he couldn’t come to me. Because he felt so guilty, he always said otherwise. Never saying how I really felt, I didn’t once give him a warm word. But if I trade this recording for him, then that person and I…we’ll never have a chance.”

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento